Monday, August 14, 2006

Donner und Blitzen

A stupendous rainstorm yesterday afternoon and evening, as should have been expected from the weather forecast of "scattered light showers" The rain was so heavy that it was a real physical challenge popping out to move the sprinkler...

Driving to Mr Jeeps emporium this morning was an interesting journey, Cars in ditches, Railway sleepers washed onto the road from farmyards, mud and muck everywhere. I was delighted to find that I had to pay my insurance company an extra £25 to be covered to drive Mr Jeeps courtesy car, In a continuing theme from the "just a courtesy call sir" approach to selling, I find the "is there anything else I can help you with" (in the tone of somebody who's done you a favour) really irritating when you've just been charged £25 for something you don't want but have to have.
I'm still nervously awaiting the call from Mr Jeep regarding the cost of turning the exploding engine indicator off... watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home