Saturday, September 22, 2007

Movie reviews in the form of Haiku*

I noticed how verbose were some of my comments on movies that Mrs S and I had enjoyed recently, so I thought, since I had a few to catch up on, that I'd try and critique them in an abbreviated form... not sure it works but it's very hard to do.

Bourne Ultimatum
Stunning and frenetic
Great action, shaky camera
my poor seasick wife

Run Fatboy Run
Load of good fun gags
Nice movie, happy ending
Yay for podgy Brits

3:10 to Yuma
Old style cowboy film
Good acting by Crowe and Bale
Sleepy Mrs S, shame !

*A 17 syllable form of Japanese poetry that consists of three un-rhymed lines of five, seven and five syllables

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:19 pm, Blogger Mark McLellan said...

Now that is a fine innovation: Haiku movie reviews! What other aspects of the written word could it also be applied to I wonder? Hmmm...[strokes chin thoughtfully]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home