Monday, November 12, 2012

Four candles, well, fourteen actually

I've made candles on and off for many years. Buying wax in bulk, wicks, fragrances, colouring on-line and maintaining a variety of jar, 3-wick and votive candles for our domestic consumption. I love the barn on these dreary autumn evenings, lights low, the fire ablaze, candles throughout the place, the scent of vanilla, sandalwood, ginger and spices mixing with the woodsmoke. 


We're currently burning our way through a couple of apple trees that fell in the heavy wind and rain, it burns really well and is very aromatic. The scents of flame and fire mix with whatever I'm cooking up for supper and, for me is one of the real upsides of this season. 

This weekend I had the urge to make some candles but for the first time I've also made candles from our own beeswax, a by-product of this years honey harvest. 

The wax recovered during the honey extraction has been enough to make eight candles and I'm sure they'll add a little mellow honeyed ambiance to any upcoming repast with chums.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home