Thursday, August 19, 2010

Movie Review - SALT - An unprovoked assault on the intelligence of the audience


Apparently Tom Cruise turned this role down, which may mean that I have to revise my opinion of his intelligence,
(actually his Scientology stance massively outweighs his slight display of good judgement in turning this down). I'm guessing that, unlike the lovely Angelina, Tom actually read the script (which may well have been written by a less than infinite number of monkeys, using crayons)


This was a very second, sorry third, no, make that fourth-rate attempt to "do a Bourne" without doing more than paying lip-service to all the things that make a Bourne film work, there's a heck of a lot more to making a good action film that having a continuous barrage of shooting, crashing, exploding,kicking and (badly speeded up) running .

If you want the film to work, you need a character that the audience might care a little bit about and frankly after thirty minutes I didn't care about anything or anybody in this very poorly structured, desperately predictable mess. I'm quite happy with unbelievable characters as long as I can care about them.

Now I will yield to no-one in my con
viction that Ms Jolie is a damned attractive lass and in most cases I'd be blissfully happy sitting through a rubbish film simply to enjoy her getting out of the bath, (eg: Wanted) but in this sorry case even I found myself wishing someone would shoot her and put us all out of our misery.

So, let's summarise...


Salt, tale full of holes,

Who is Evelyn? neither

Ange, nor I, could care


1 Comments:

At 7:47 am, Blogger amitd said...

I agree this movie was a total disaster. Ms Jolie should choose movies more carefully in future...Salt left a salty taste in the mouth...Hope they quit making these sort of movies...

bike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home