Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Movie Review - Iron Man 2



Apologies to my legion of Twitter followers (@stvtomas) for the delay in posting this review, I've no real excuse but I wanted to wait until the political situation stabilised.

So, Iron Man 2, long awaited and teased by a tremendous trailer I was really looking forward to this. There are, (as some real film reviewers have pointed out) many turny, twisty plot-lines going on but, for me, they don't really get in the way of the important stuff, some great action scenes, stunning CGI, Mickey Rourke being awesome (essentially as Mickey Rourke with a cod Russian accent). Robert Downey Jr does the Tony Stark thing very well and I really like Gwyneth Paltrow in the Pepper Potts role (although Mrs S is not a fan).
As a bonus, I've always found Scarlett Johansson pleasurable to watch and I thought she looked very natural, accomplished and comfortable both in tight black leather and as an action hero.

As both my loyal readers will know I do like comic book based films (obviously the Fantastic 4 and Daredevil excepted) and I enjoyed this outing immensely, let us not however ignore the rigorous and incisive analysis of Mrs Stuffy to wit "too much shooting and zipping about!"

Sometimes dear reader, I despair

Haiku time

Rourke roar, Scarlett pout
Robert shooting, zipping about
When's number 3 out ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home