Tuesday, June 23, 2009

London to Brighton - A heartfelt thank you




Thank you to all those who sponsored me in the London to Brighton Bike Ride on Sunday. It was a lovely day, a super ride and between us Graham and I raised over £1,500 for the British Heart Foundation.

It took me a mere 5 hours of blood, sweat and cursing to cover the 54 miles, stopping for nothing but the 4 or 5 places where sheer weight of cyclists made trudging inescapable, my moving average was nigh on 15 mph so I was pretty chuffed with that.

It should be noted that Graham had time for a sandwich, a drink, a full body massage and a quick flick through the Sunday papers before I Hove :) into view in Brighton.


Special thanks to Graham, for talking me into it, to Vicky and Craig for transport and to Jim and Richard for their invaluable coaching and encouragement.
It was a great way to spend Fathers Day and I really appreciate all those of you who put your hands in your pockets to make a difference.

Heart and circulatory disease is the number one killer in the UK and whilst trying very, very hard to get up Ditchling Beacon under pedal power I felt very close to the cause.

If you'd still like to contribute, please feel free to click here

Thanks again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home