Sunday, September 17, 2006

Silly things in catering...



1. I noticed at the gym the other day a pledge from the catering staff, printed and published on each and every table, a laminated commitment to ensure that I enjoyed my "food and beverage experience". I'm by no means sure that I want anything more than pleasant and prompt service, a decent coffee and some edible toast. When did you last demand a beverage ? Who the flip walks up to the bar and demands an 'unforgettable food and beverage experience'. Mind you that's exactly what I shall do on Tuesday just to see what happens.

2. Splendid Chef and cycling, eating, golfing and drinking chum Winston (of Red at Weybridge), is competing at Olympia in the Top Chef competition tomorrow, I shall of course be there waving outsize foam rubber ovengloves and sporting a comedy toque to give him partisan support from the terraces.
I spotted this moving quote from the third place chef at the 2005 competition...

For seasoned competitor Nick, this was an outstanding achievement: "This is the biggest competition in the UK and to come third is amazing. It doesn't come better than that!"


Well actually Nick, youll find that most folk would believe that either second or first would be better than that!

Anyway, well done Nick, the innumerate chef, and best wishes to Winston.

1 Comments:

At 1:15 pm, Blogger Mark McLellan said...

Now what would a comedy toque look like? Does the top flip up and a Swedish Chef spring out waving wooden spoon, singing "Børk! Børk! Børk!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home